This week we will be focusing on interpreting evidence based medicine in order to shape your practice patterns and find out answers to clinical questions
1) Write a clinical question based on a scenario in the PICOTT format.
- Write a PICO question to refine a clinical question you have based on a patient that you have seen on the wards
- If you need additional examples you may watch this video:
2) Choose different sources of information based on your clinical question.
- Read about how to acquire evidence from different places
- Pick one Search Engine and search a clinical question you have. Bring your results to the group and be prepared to share what the ideal situation in which you would use this resource.
3) Use search strategies in a clinical query to effectively find information.
- Learn about effective Pubmed searching: